Back to reality…
Questions to ask yourself when you get back from abroad…
- How has your concept of yourself as an American changed? As an LGBT person?
- Were others’ reaction to you as a LGBT person different abroad than in the US? How so – negative, positive, or neutral?
- Did you feel that going abroad was like a “second coming out?”
- How did people’s attitude about your sexual identity in the host country differ from those in the US?
- How did stereotypes about homosexuality differ in the host country from those in the States?